Risk Manager for Incident and Crisis Readiness, within Group CISO organization (m/f/d) *
Munich , Germany
In order to foster the governance for information security at Group level, the Group CISO function has been created and, with it, a new organizational unit.
An important aspect of the newly created organization is to develop an incident and crisis response capability for the Group as well as mechanisms for monitoring the effectiveness of the segment’s cyberattack detection and response capabilities. As an expert on the subject, the Risk Manager for Incident and Crisis Readiness will be responsible for both supporting and overseeing the Group’s cyber detection and response capabilities. If you are genuinely interested in playing an active role in shaping the Group CISO organization and have the necessary background, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Maintaining the Group policy framework related to your area of expertise and providing a second opinion on cyber risks that need a senior representative’s attention
- Collaborating with the two Cyber Defense Centers of the primary insurance (Ergo Group) and reinsurance groups, fostering information sharing between the two, and providing support with a Group view on cyber threats
- Overseeing the response to critical situations, supporting the first-line response team where needed, and ensuring adequate documentation of the situation as well as lessons learned from the incident
- Conducting assessments to measure the operational effectiveness of the Group’s cyber detection and response capabilities through tabletop exercises, actively searching for vulnerabilities, and red-team exercises
- Academic degree with a strong IT security background or an expert with outstanding knowledge of IT security
- Experience with enterprise IT security issues such as security architecture and security incident response
- Broad knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements with regard to IT security
- International and/or intercultural work experience
- Strong (project) planning, organizational, and presentation skills
- Very good command of German and English languages
- Willingness to travel
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.