LIFE Actuarial Assistant (2021 New Graduate – New York)
POSITION: LIFE Actuarial Assistant (2021 Permanent – New York)
LOCATION: New York, NY
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Immediately or upon graduation (2021)
New York , United States
Munich Re Life US is hiring for its entry-level Actuarial Assistant program and is seeking client-focused individuals who are looking to join a team that will lead them on the path towards a successful career in the insurance space.
The Actuarial Assistant program is designed to provide you with a strong foundation in the field. The rotations will enable you to enhance your technical skills while gaining a holistic perspective of our business; better positioning you towards greater leadership opportunities in the future. Within the rotations, you’ll be engaged in meaningful actuarial projects with a variety of teams while working towards your FSA designation – with the support of the organization.
The first rotation will be with the New York-based Individual Life Production Team within Corporate Actuarial or Individual Life Pricing. As an actuarial student within either team, you’ll be engaged in meaningful actuarial projects with a variety of teams while working towards your FSA designation – with the support of the organization.
Future placement and rotational opportunities involve numerous departments such as:
• Biometric Research
• Enterprise Risk Management
• Financial Reinsurance
• Group Reinsurance Pricing
• Living Benefits Pricing
Note that the intent is that all rotations will take place in New York, therefore you will not be expected to relocate while on program.
First and foremost, you’ll demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through your energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
Specifically, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Risk Management, or equivalent program – in healthy academic standing;
• Completion of at least two actuarial exams with demonstrated progress towards ASA designation required;
• Relevant work experience, having completed at least one relevant internship or co-op work term;
• Excellent communication skills – spoken & written, formal/informal presentation;
• Demonstrated ability to create and manage positive professional relationships with good client service acumen;
• Proven capability to multi-task and successfully self-manage multiple priorities and projects of various significance;
• Exhibits solid organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail/accuracy in a fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrates leadership qualities – clear-thinking, curiosity, integrity, and drive;
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word;
• Programming skills preferred (such as, but not limited to: Python, Java, VBA, C/C++/C#, etc);
• Exposure to AXIS is considered an asset;
• Experience with actuarial/financial modeling is considered an asset;
• Knowledge of the life insurance industry and products is considered an asset.
Munich Re’s track record as one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies is based on a solid capital foundation, in-depth risk expertise and market know-how. Our data, our technology, and our teams place us in a unique position to lead the change to redefine the nature and impact of reinsurance for the future. We’re investing strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which promotes professional development, innovation, and passion – and rewards high performance.
Note that this opportunity is open to both 2021 graduating students, as well as recent graduates who have obtained their degree within the past year.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.