Machine Learning Engineer - North American Integrated Analytics Team
The North American Integrated Analytics Team is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer for their Toronto or New York office.
In keeping with our global position as an industry leader and innovator, Munich Re is driving transformative change in the life insurance industry through data science.
New York , United States
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will combine your knowledge of machine learning with your software engineering expertise to build solutions to core challenges in the life insurance industry. You will immerse in real-time business problems to deliver world-class, innovative solutions for our North American operations and clients. We see the use of data and models as instrumental in making it easier for people to buy insurance by reducing cost, and expanding the number of people insured.
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to build models for underwriting, pricing, and claims management.
- Design, test, build, and maintain the backend infrastructure to manage the machine learning model lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing machine learning systems from prototyping to production.
- Help us drive innovation by enabling new risk assessment paradigms and distribution models.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Work with existing data science groups at Munich Re to develop model management best practices.
Your profileThe successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through their energy, enthusiasm, and initiative. In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics, plus 3 years' experience OR Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics, plus 1 year of experience.
- Ability to write robust code for deployable services in Python; working knowledge of SQL (familiarity with multiple languages considered an asset).
- Experience working through the modeling lifecycle including gathering data, design, recommendations, testing, implementation, communication, monitoring, and retraining.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience with software engineering best practices including Git, Docker, CI/CD, test driven development, and code review.
- Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g., Apache Spark, Airflow, etc.), natural language processing and deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) is an asset but not required.
- Strong communication skills to explain complex ML systems to business leaders.
- Capacity for abstraction and an aptitude for high-level software design.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and can successfully deliver on multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
Munich Re Life US aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success.