Software Engineer, Python
Join us in New York City!
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. We are looking to expand our diverse team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Software Engineers as we take on and deploy more complex and larger projects. Headquartered in midtown New York City, our Integrated Analytics team operates as a start-up within the larger corporation; we are central to innovation and pioneering new technologies in the Life Insurance space. The goals of our department are to make buying insurance policies less invasive and easily accessible to more people.
We offer Engineers and Data Scientists a challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, and innovation. The Integrated Analytics department is looking for individuals who thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced working culture and who are eager to learn and grow from their peers. As a fast-growing startup within the Life and Health division, you will have broader responsibilities and development opportunities than a typical tech company from the bold vision and strong sponsorship of North America CEO Mary Forrest.
New York , United States
The creation of new predictive applications will be instrumental in making life insurance available to more people. At Munich Re, the Integrated Analytics team leads this effort in North America. Our software engineers specialize in the creation of the data-intensive, high-availability services needed to bring these capabilities to market.
- Design and implement applications to provide machine learning solutions to insurance sales systems.
- Develop containerized, high availability microservices integrated with front end solutions for real time decisioning.
- Develop and operate horizontally scalable data pipelines for image recognition, natural language processing, data transformation, etc.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps with a focus on testing, code quality, and security.
- Production monitoring, alerting, and incident management.
- Participate in code review.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, actuaries, and other experts.
- Collaborate with members of the Munich Re global community, clients, and external partners.
- 2+ years of experience developing and deploying high availability web services.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Insurance or financial services background is preferred.
- Experience developing on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Mastery of Python/Flask, relational databases (Azure Cosmos DB), blob storage, OIDC/OAuth2, version control and collaborative development.
- Familiarity with machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, or medical informatics is preferred.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or Spark is preferred.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Ansible, etc.) is preferred.
Munich Re Life US aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success