Senior Analyst, Finance
New York , United States
Munich Re Life US aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success.
Munich Re Life US is seeking a Senior Analyst to support Munich Re of Bermuda Ltd. (“MRB”), retrocession administration and other projects.
- Lead annual regulatory reporting, including the BSCR tabs, audited IFRS financial statements, STAT financial statements and other key attachments (Financial Condition Report, Corporate Governance Document, etc.).
- Prepare quarterly deliverables including financial statements, analytics, cession statements and expense support package.
- Prepare, coordinate and/or review monthly deliverables such as bank reconciliations, investment deliverables, and payroll payments.
- Manage day-to-day operations and compliance manners.
- Coordinate MRB financial statement audit.
- Assist with preparation for board meetings.
- Assist with special projects and requests.
Retrocession and other:
- Prepare quarterly analytics on retrocession balances (external and internal).
- Calculate and report internal retro quarterly bookings.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to 2nd VP, Finance with special projects.
- 4+ years strong financial reporting expertise.
- CPA, CA or CPA, CGA, or CPA, CMA required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong service orientation and a drive to make a difference, proactive and the ability to adjust to constant change.
- Strong understanding of reinsurance operations.
- Understanding of US and IFRS financial reporting/accounting standards preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply new accounting rules, policies and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally.
Munich Re Group is a great place to work! As one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, and the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe, we offer a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story that continues to evolve. We offer a truly diverse work environment, which champions innovation and creativity, energy and passion, and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.