Marketing Communications Specialist, North America Life
Toronto , Canada
Munich Re seeks a Marketing Communications Specialist for the company’s North America Life group.
In this role, you will be part of a small, nimble team of high-performing professionals providing strategic internal and external marketing communications support across Munich Re US Life and Munich Re Canada Life. Specifically, you will provide day-to-day support to the North America Life Corporate & Business Communications team to ensure we deliver on our objectives seamlessly and successfully. This is a great opportunity to grow and hone your internal and external marketing communications skills in a dynamic organization.
- Support the team in executing robust communications strategies and marketing programs across the US and Canada.
- Write, edit and proof promotional materials and various company-wide messages, and distribute via both online and offline channels.
- Assist in maintaining external web content and executing social media strategies.
- Maintain the company’s intranet sites, ensuring content is always up-to-date.
- Schedule and produce internal employee engagements, including company town halls.
- Organize and distribute monthly employee newsletters.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive corporate communications calendar.
- Manage and execute in-office digital signage strategy.
- Help optimize our marketing communications channels and events by introducing new and evolving technologies and approaches.
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce more effective content for employees.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in marketing or corporate communications, either in-house or at an agency.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You are self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- You are highly organized, have strong attention to detail and can execute tasks efficiently and effectively.
- You are a strategic thinker with a problem-solving attitude.
- You are agile and can adapt to different situations, personalities and requests.
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a “roll up your sleeves” approach.
- You bring a high-energy style to the team and a commitment and enthusiasm to work within a dynamic organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Experience in supporting campaigns that use a variety of marketing channels and communications methods, including social media.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools (i.e., WordPress), and other marketing communication tools (i.e., MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics.
- Experience in project management.
- Familiarity with new and emerging communications tools and approaches.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
In keeping with our global position as an industry leader and innovator, Munich Re is driving transformative change in the life reinsurance industry. Our innovation strategy sets a new standard in digitization that will radically transform our end-to-end business operations and deliver world-class, fully automated business processes and workflows to our North American Life & Health business, which focuses on both traditional reinsurance solutions that concentrate on the transfer of mortality risk as well as living benefits products.
We’re investing strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which promotes professional development, innovation, and passion – and rewards high performance.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.