Sr. Business Analyst - North American Integrated Analytics Team
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. We are looking to expand our diverse team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Software Engineers as we take on and deploy more complex and larger projects. Headquartered in midtown New York City, our Integrated Analytics team operates like a start-up within the larger corporation; we are central to innovation and pioneering new technologies in the Life Insurance space. The goals of our department are to make buying insurance policies less invasive and easily accessible to more people.
As a fast-growing startup within the Life and Health division, you will have broader responsibilities and development opportunities than a typical tech company. The Integrated Analytics department is looking for individuals who thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced working culture and who are eager to learn and grow from their peers.
New York , United States
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will serve as a liaison between our clients and our Risk Specialists, Data Scientists and Engineers to deliver solutions for core challenges in the life insurance industry backed by machine learning and best-in-class risk assessment techniques. You will be immersed in real-time business problems and engage in collaborative approaches to delivering world-class, innovative solutions for our North American operations and clients. We see the use of data as instrumental in making it easier for people to buy life insurance and to expand the number of people insured.
- Help us to drive innovation, enabling new underwriting paradigms, distribution models, and data management.
- Support the design and development of consumer-facing risk assessment products.
- Develop and drive integration of business rules logic into internal decision engines/systems.
- Clarify and communicate business needs, contribute to the definition and design of data-driven solutions and ensure the alignment of business solutions and business needs.
- Facilitate communication between clients and internal teams to understand complex business processes and gather, clarify and validate requirements.
- Anticipate, quantify and resolve issues with requirements.
- Gather all key facts to propose solutions to solve complex business needs using data and technology.
- Participate throughout the software development lifecycle from initiation through testing and implementation.
- Produce dashboards to track and present key business insights to clients and internal audiences.
- Publish, distribute and facilitate sign-off of requirements and specifications; manage changes to the baseline.
- Produce both internal and client-facing documentation including process and data flows.
- Perform data mapping and gap analysis between client datasets and Munich Re data model.
- Maintain communication with Compliance managers, document associated needs and escalate issues.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of client-facing solutions by facilitating and participating in testing.
- Collaborate with Risk Specialists to develop and drive integration of business rules logic into internal decision engines/systems.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on the intersection of automated rules and machine learning models.
- Provide input to Munich Re on the corporate data model and strategy as it pertains to risk assessment.
- Maintain a professional relationship with various business units and global contacts both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional client service through his/her energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience as a Business Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Life Insurance (Direct Carrier or Reinsurance) highly desirable.
- Ability to express complex ideas clearly and facilitate communication between clients and internal teams.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle.
- High level of commercial awareness around digitization, underwriting rules and decision engines.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative thinking and problem solving skills to solve business problems.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including presentations to clients and internal management.
- Experience producing technology project artifacts including but not limited to: use cases, requirements documents, functional specifications, data mapping and process flows.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS).
- Experience with writing SQL queries and familiarity with Power BI is a strong asset.
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience with software engineering best practices.
- Agility to work across multiple internal teams and multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- A drive to make a difference.
Munich Re Life US aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success.