Senior Underwriting Consultant (Accelerated Underwriting)
The Accelerated Underwriting team is looking for a Senior Underwriting Consultant for their New York or Atlanta office.
New York , United States
As a Senior Underwriting Consultant you will:
- Utilize a strong underwriting background and market knowledge to support Biometrics and Accelerated Underwriting Services in bringing new VNB to Munich Re.
- Evaluate client AUW programs for strength of program and discovering potential gaps. Advise pricing team, business development and internal colleagues.
- Assess existing, and develop new programs that will have direct impact on proper pricing.
- Research and achieve expert knowledge on AUW vendor offerings including advantages and challenges with each.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to bring process enhancements to our clients generating revenue for the company, including traditional and new cutting edge underwriting tools.
- Work directly with client companies developing new AUW programs. Heavy emphasis on best in class rules development. Counsel clients on all aspects of an AUW program from the risk selection perspective including third party data tools and monitoring techniques leveraging strong technical expertise and market knowledge.
- Work with Direct to Consumer producers to develop underwriting rules and policies.
- Collaborate with team members and across departments to maximize Munich Re AUW solution tools, new data sources, and improve technology platform.
- Collaborate within the department to evaluate AUW monitoring findings, identify risks, and develop strategy with clients to implement appropriate solutions.
- Engage with vendors and Munich Re legal staff to unlock opportunities for Munich Re becoming more intimate with latest vendor offerings. Goal to know vendor offerings as well as they know them.
- Understand and address competitive, regulatory, or other threats, formulate a response, and propose internally as appropriate.
- Develop and provide new solution education for internal stakeholders.
- Be a source for business development to solicit intelligence from clients and engage to understand needs and potential underwriting solutions.
- Represent and promote Munich Re at industry meetings and business travel to client’s offices.
- Display team’s expertise internally and even globally.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts or Sciences from an accredited college is preferred, but depending on work experience, not required.
- 7+ years of experience in Life Underwriting including direct life insurance.
- Expert level knowledge of Accelerated Underwriting programs, rules, and models for both internal and external needs.
- Industry related designation achieved (ALMI, FLMI, AALU), or shows commitment to continuing professional education.
- Strong Underwriting Rules development skills.
- Rules testing that evaluates underwriting rules compliance with the program’s specified goals and requirements.
- Expert knowledge of accelerated and traditional underwriting workflow.
- Very skilled with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated client or agent face to face skills.
- Ability to understand vendor contracts.
- Presentations or published article experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Established demonstration of drive and initiative to improve processes and/or client perceptions.
- Participation on team projects required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, a strong business acumen, agility and customer focus are required.
- Ability to work independently without frequent direction.
Munich Re Life US aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success.