Policy Wording and Technical Support Specialist (m/f/d)
Are you an insurance policy wordings expert looking for your next challenge?
Manchester , United Kingdom
As Policy Wordings and Technical Support Specialist for NMU, you will support the business in meeting strategic priorities by managing the delivery of policy wordings and supporting documentation for new product lines and revisions to existing products, by bringing consistency of processes and documentation to all lines of business, and by delivering front-line support to underwriters on technical issues.
- Contributing to the development of new policy wordings, IPIDs, clause libraries, schedule templates (manual and electronic) and other documentation and forms, including proof reading and critical review.
- Managing the review, improvement, updating and maintenance annually (or as required, if sooner) of all versions and variations of all of all of the above, including in response to legal or regulatory changes.
- Maintaining (or managing the maintenance of) a record of all such versions and variations, including start and end dates for their validity, liaising with internal and external IT colleagues in this regard.
- Supporting the benchmarking of both wordings and best practice.
- Supporting the drafting or proof-reading of marketing and training collateral.
- Defining, populating and maintaining (or managing the population and maintenance of) document repositories.
- Performing (or managing the performance of) periodic and ad hoc reporting and data accuracy checking.
- Developing and maintaining procedure manuals and contributing to process improvements.
- A thorough technical understanding of at least one of the classes written by NMU
We are looking for someone with a thorough technical understanding of at least one of the classes written by NMU (or property and casualty business) and an appreciation of the remaining classes and the differences between them, and a detailed understanding of policy wording construction and relevant insurance law; plus a good understanding of how delegated authorities operate, and an appreciation of the insurance regulatory landscape, including the peculiarities of the Lloyd’s market and Lloyd’s Europe.
You will have excellent communication skills, particularly written English; have experience in policy document drafting, particularly the avoidance of ambiguity; and experience of critical review, with a keen eye for detail. You must be able to work independently and manage priorities and deadlines, and be good at relationship building and problem solving.
Dip CII required / ACII preferred.
You will be rewarded with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service, private medical insurance, inclusion in the Group Bonus Scheme and an employer’s pension contribution of 10% from day one!About Us
NMU is an MGA, delivering award-winning service from offices across the UK. Our team provides customers with in-depth product knowledge and real personal service.
That unrivalled service is the key to our success and is the driving force behind everything we do. Brokers value the straight-talking, innovative and flexible approach that has shaped our development since 1982.
NMU is a Munich Re company.
Munich Re offers the opportunity to grow and develop in an exciting, results-oriented and diverse working environment. We believe that your dedication to apply your outstanding knowledge crafts the future – the future of our clients, that of the Munich Re group, and of course your own.
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees