Senior Software Engineer, Python
We offer Engineers and Data Scientists a challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, and innovation. The Integrated Analytics department is looking for individuals who thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced working culture and who are eager to learn and grow from their peers.
New York , United States
The creation of new predictive applications will be instrumental in making life insurance available to more people. At Munich Re, the Integrated Analytics team leads this effort in North America. Our Senior Software Engineers specialize in the creation of the data-intensive, high-availability services needed to bring these capabilities to market.
- Design and implement applications to provide machine learning solutions to insurance sales systems.
- Develop containerized, high availability microservices integrated with front end solutions for real time decisioning.
- Develop and operate horizontally scalable data pipelines for image recognition, natural language processing, data transformation, etc.
- Production monitoring, alerting, and incident management.
- Participate in code review.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, actuaries, and other experts.
- Collaborate with members of the Munich Re global community, clients, and external partners.
- 5 - 8 years of experience developing and deploying high availability web services.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Insurance or financial services background is preferred.
- Experience developing on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Mastery of Python/Flask, relational databases (Azure Cosmos DB), blob storage, OIDC/OAuth2, version control and collaborative development.
- Familiarity with machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, or medical informatics is preferred.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or Spark is preferred.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Ansible, etc.) is preferred.
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into manageable risk, we enable fundamental change. We recognize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as a key priority with a culture that welcomes different thoughts and opinions. We dare to think big and are continuously innovating on behalf of our clients.