IT Risk Management & Security Intern
Princeton , United States
Your jobThis role will provide the Intern with exposure to the business environment and processes thereby improving her / his understanding of how to approach tasks and projects within the business culture. This individual will also gain experience by working with tools used in corporate environments (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Workflows). It is also expected that the Intern would gain valuable technical knowledge regarding Information Technology and Information Security and Risk Management that will benefit their professional development.
- Provide support to the MRAm Information Security Officer and the IT Compliance & Risk Manager NA as needed in carrying out their duties.
- Participate in and assist in supporting internal the security operations team with projects and activities.
- Conduct research of industry best practices and assist in the development of or in updating information security policies.
- Participate in supporting security awareness initiatives by assisting in the generation of creative development and in preparing materials related to this activity
Your profileRequired Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, persistence and willingness to work on a variety of activities / tasks
- Moderate proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Basic understanding of Information Security and compliance terminology (e.g. understand what computer malware refers to) and concepts would be beneficial
- In addition, previous related internship experience, demonstrated leadership ability, academic excellence, and interpersonal skills are important factors.
Preferred Majors: Information Technology (information security or risk management focus preferred), Business, Insurance, Computer Sciences or other technical majors if the candidate has an interest in Information Security
Computer Skills: Ability to use MS Office products, i.e., Excel and PowerPoint
Other Skills: Previous related internship experience, demonstrated leadership ability, academic excellence, and interpersonal skills
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.