Junior Claims Handler
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
As a Junior Claims Handler, you will:
- Evaluate client reports submitted for new loss notifications to properly determine line of business, applicable coverage, follow up with client to obtain additional information as necessary, create new losses in MRAm’s Claims systems and send acknowledgement to client.
- Evaluate clients loss billings in contrast to MRAm’s coverage and claim information to determine appropriate payment and/or reserve adjustments are made on losses handled by Claims Management.
- Coordinate regularly with underwriting analysts/underwriters/ FMR to confirm/correct coverage issues for XOL, Pro-Rata treaties, Facultative certificates, payment/reserve booking, payment registers, reinstatement premium and credit offsets.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of MRAm’s Claims Operational Systems and internal control processes.
- Analyzes the Daily Payment Register report to insure accurate amounts were processed, payees and disbursement types selected, and necessary monetary approvals were obtained in order for Treasury Services to disburse payments to our clients
- Partner with Claims Management, Claim Handlers, Accounting, etc. for coverage/account assistance as needed.
- Assists with special assignments as delegated by management.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in primary and/or reinsurance claims
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of other functions within MRAm’s reinsurance operations (underwriting, accounting, treasury services).
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, relationships and teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.