Underwriting Assistant, E&S
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Within Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., Munich Re Specialty Insurance brings together a number of existing primary insurance businesses focused on MGA/program business and binding authority/brokerage as well as larger single-risks. Munich Re Specialty Insurance, which also includes a start-up Excess & Surplus (E&S) unit, will create a lean and agile commercial insurance operation that is simple, customer-focused and digitally-enabled to address the complex needs of our customers and help them adapt to a changing market.
In this position you will:
- Support new and renewal underwriting tasks for 1-3 specialty insurance business units
- Input statistical information needed to support decomposing and clearing of submissions, quote, and policy development
- Research risk information in support of underwriting decisions
- Collect, process, and store all appropriate documentation according to internal processes
- Interact (although infrequently) with broker agents
- Interact with internal stakeholders in support of underwriting decision making
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 2-3 years in similar role supporting similar business types
- Excellent customer service with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
- Highly adaptive and able to work effectively in changing environments
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work quickly and with little to no oversight
- Appreciates a fast paced, team first, solutions oriented culture
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.