Princeton , United States
Your jobTechnical Architect Risk & Security Architecture and Engineering
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. The CompanyAs a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products. The OpportunityFuture focused and always one step aheadWe are looking for an IT Security Cloud Architect in the Security Architecture and Engineering unit, which focuses on defining strategic security-specific architecture patterns and standards to meet corporate regulatory, compliance, and security requirements. Your primary responsibility will be the overall cloud security reference architecture and related frameworks to ensure the integrity of Munich Re information assets.As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the design and development of cloud security architecture patterns and standards, including roadmaps. Additionally, you will implement DevSecOps standards and processes within the Munich Re technical Azure and AWS environments, in line with approved enterprise architecture frameworks. Finally, you will provide leadership and direction to security engineers and developers in order to build cloud security controls and solutions compliant to the approved architecture patterns.As Technical Architect, you’ll: Partner with Enterprise Architecture to define security requirements included in architecture patterns.
- Develop specific architecture patterns for security controls, including product selection and development of accompanying roadmaps.
- Lead IT projects in the identification of security requirements based on enterprise policy frameworks, including data classification.
- Participate in the Global Architecture Review Board, lending security focus and expertise when reviewing new standards and architecture patterns.
- Oversee the design and build of security specific solutions and ensure readiness for transitioning to appropriate operations team.
- Create, implement, and maintain Azure Initiatives and Policies to support adherence to internal policies and standards.
- Work with internal development and operation teams to develop DevSecOps patterns.
- Capture and prioritize market and technology trends on a corporate level, review technical security strategies and objectives, and identify the benefits of alternative technical security solutions
- Connect with our community of enterprise architects and stay abreast of internal and external technology developments and trends.
- Help mentor junior members of the technical security teams.
- Help lead the enterprise cultural transformation necessary to embrace the behaviors required for Munich Re’s success in the cloud.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or equivalent practitioner with excellent IT skills
- 5 + years of security architecture experience in the design and development of technical, cloud-relevant architecture patterns
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- In depth knowledge of regulatory standards such as GDPR and NY-DFS, as well as international standards such as CIS and CSA
- Professional Certifications such as: SANS GIAC/GSEC, GPEN, GWAPT, CEH, CISA preferred
- In depth technical knowledge of security architecture and related technologies and processes
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud environments
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem, including Privileged Identity Management, Azure Active Directory, Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to think out of the box and develop solutions to complex problems
- International experience from working on global and large projects
- Innovative, creative, with an open mind for new ideas
- Strong planning, organizational and presentation skills
- Highly result oriented and structured
- Very strong analytical and communication skills, and an excellent team player
- Very good command of English
- Strong commitment, desire to drive teams and topics
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.