Lead Application Architect (E&S)
New York , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Lead Application Architect is responsible for driving the systems architecture forwards to an end-state vision that modernizes, transforms and simplifies the IT systems landscape. This role is a key member of the technology leadership team and reports to the Chief Architect of Munich Re Specialty Insurance.
The right candidate will have strong influencing skills and be future focused. He/she must specialize on the Duck Creek platform and would have lead the architecture and design of insurance product buildout for a similarly sized organization.
- Define application architecture standards and design patterns necessary for MRSI to implement products in its E&S portfolio on the Duck Creek On Demand Platform
- Establish development guidelines and design / code / configuration verification and validation processes
- Align product development processes with the agile delivery model in place at MRSI
- Define and execute quality controls for Duck Creek artifacts like manuscripts, scripts and custom business objects etc.
- Review requirements, partner with the product owner(s) and right-size initiatives and development plans.
- Establish a DevOps based self-sustaining product development and support model.
- Ensure architecture, design and development processes are in place to enable high fidelity application execution and performance monitoring, implemented natively for Azure
- Execute activities to ensure platform currency (avoid platform version being used original lifetime)
- Lead a team of Duck Creek engineers and provide and enable their professional growth.
- Ensure an optimal operational cost under the circumstances of flexibility and future change;
- Lead the product transformation of several in-house / on-prem platforms and systems to the Duck Creek On Demand platform
Your profileSuccessful candidate qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or equivalent practitioner with excellent IT skills
- Deep Knowledge and proven hands-on experience with cloud technologies
- 10+ years’ experience with Microsoft technologies
- 4+ years’ experience with Azure
- 5+ years of architecting solutions on the Duck Creek platform (Policy, Billing & Claims)
- Strong experience with product lifecycle maintenance including Duck Creek manifest versioning
- Project estimation, forecasting and planning skills in a Duck Creek context
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with technical and business groups
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Results oriented with a track record of delivery
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to influence peers and colleges
- Sound knowledge of agile software development and methodology
- Pronounced analytical and conceptual capabilities coupled with the ability to present complex situations in a clear and precise way
- Candidates with verifiable skills in front end technologies like Angular / React as well as middleware technologies like Kubernetes / Docker will be preferred.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.