IT Senior Product Manager
Princeton , United States
Information Technology Business Solutions
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
The Senior Product Manager reports to the Head of Enterprise Platforms of Munich Re Specialty Insurance and he / she is primarily responsible for owning and managing the operation of technology products and platforms core to MRSI’s operations.
The Senior Product Manager:
- Is also responsible for employees assigned to maintaining and operating said products as well as determining the capacity needed to ensure sustainable operations. He / She is responsible for assigning the right people to the right initiatives.
- Will work collaboratively with other leads to coordinate capabilities and workloads and ensure projects are staffed with resources skilled appropriately to accomplish the goals of MRSI.
- Will also work with the Head of Systems Transformation to ensure transformation planning, change management and service introduction is coordinated for each product / platform transformed.
- Align governance controls with the Application Management Services function necessary to operate existing products & platforms.
- Work with the Transformation Management Office as necessary to qualify, prioritize and optimize inbound initiatives.
- Develop and operate a model to size and prioritize all new development initiatives for existing platforms / products, as well as establish delivery management controls to deliver against business objectives.
- Enable DevOps to support the MRSI product and platform portfolio at ITIL L3+.
- Identify measures and metrics delivered through an efficient reporting process to enable transparency of product and platform operations health.
- Design control processes to enable leadership to make strategic decisions and undertake tactical measures where necessary to protect MRSI’s interests.
- Participate in and support internal and external application security and compliance audits
- Communicate Company vision, strategy and commitments.
- Act as a role model for the team and constantly strive towards organizational improvement.
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of staff including team composition, hiring, motivation, retention and performance management.
- Maintain information regarding the skillset and allocations of all IT resources in the group.
- Actively monitor and assess changing conditions and resource availability to find solutions for resource management.
- Establish connections with global business stakeholders
- Partner with AMS and the DevOps team. Align teams with the DevOps Vision.
- Communicates with business leaders on implementation plans, resource needs and status updates
- Provides guidance and work effectively with vendors in the implementation of the Duck Creek system
- Outstanding leadership competency with 15+ years of relevant professional management experience in IT related areas as defined above, preferably in a global enterprise or consulting organization.
- Proven track record managing a large-scale program in the insurance technology space, preferably Duck Creek or Guidewire is desirable
- At least 15+ years of insurance industry experience preferred – ideally in primary insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering / IT or similar background.
- Experience managing an IT services delivery group – especially through transformation initiatives.
- Experience with Financial planning, Forecasting and Expense management in an IT environment. Knowledge of and demonstrable expertise in PlanView a major plus.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and simplify complex concepts and issues.
- Experience with Agile delivery frameworks (e.g. Scrum, SAFe) a major plus.
- An emphatic manager with the ability to mentor his / her team towards successful outcomes.
- Build teams that manage internal and external interfaces in a global context
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication coupled with negotiation skills.
- PMP or Program Management Certification a plus
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.