Account Executive (Equipment Breakdown and Property Underwriter)- Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT) (m/f/d) *
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a technical aptitude and ideally, an equipment breakdown and property underwriting background, to join our Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT). We work in a small, but dynamic group with a strong focus on teamwork. Our candidates should be a self-starter, a team player, have passion for our business, a curious mind, and be keen to learn and help grow our business and contribute to the success of our High Hazard Equipment Breakdown and Renewable Energy Property All Risks Portfolios.
- Review and assess new business and renewal submissions.
- Analyze risks and exposures to underwrite our Equipment Breakdown and Renewable Energy Property All Risks accounts.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, brokers, and client companies.
- Represent HSB Canada and participate in industry functions nationally.
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
- College or University degree/diploma or equivalent.
- CIP or enrolled in CIP program, an asset.
- CRM or enrolled an asset.
- Commercial Property or Equipment Breakdown Underwriting or other appropriate technical experience.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office applications.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced analytical & problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.