Senior Application Specialist, Microsoft Power BI
Cincinnati , United States
Your jobWe are adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
This role can be located in any of the main hub locations in the US, including Cincinnati OH, Hartford CT, and Princeton NJ.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead.
The Application Support Specialist reports to the Head of Project Portfolio Management and has a responsibility to manage the IT Portfolio Management technical solutions used by Global IT Leadership to manage the Global Project Portfolio.
This role is responsible for the operation of applications, supports project activities, provides application maintenance and support services to users or to service delivery functions, and contributes to the operations of a dedicated application or application class.
- This position will serve as the technical owner of technology solutions for the Global Project Portfolio Management department with technologies that include Power BI, Planview and SharePoint
- Support the enhancement, deployment and training of the Power BI solutions based on operational requirements
- Own daily, monthly, and yearly processes currently used to ensure that all reports are populated or refreshed on time with accurate, trusted data
- Review existing suite of Power BI reports and provide recommendations to improve usability, efficiency, and automation of current manual support tasks
- Solicit requirements from stakeholders and Global IT Leaders and propose new solutions to enhance and improve the consumption of data and analytics for the Global IT Project Portfolio
- Develop an understanding of Planview Enterprise One, the Planview data model, and other data sources used to populate current Power BI dashboards and reports
- Develop a deep understanding of the Planview application to assist in the ongoing administration, maintenance, and enhancement of that application with the goal of technical ownership of Planview and Power BI
- Respond to and investigate problems and incidents in applications and services (2nd level) and assists with the deployment of remedies and preventative measures
Your profileYour profile
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent experience
- Power BI skills are required
- Planview, SharePoint experience is a plus
- Experience in design and implementation of technical reporting
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and planning skills as well as ability to work independently and practically
- Problem solving skills and a solutions orientation
- Advanced change management skills, able to deal with complexity a must
- Team player and clear customer focus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.