Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation and delivery of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US has launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Service Delivery (SD) is part of Munich Re Specialty Insurance division and is a valued partner in the management and administration of support services of our statutory insurance companies.
Future focused and always one step ahead
As a member of our Service Delivery team, you’ll be responsible for data extraction, review, and validation/reconciliation supporting compliance reporting capabilities for external and internal clients. Requirements cover all policy transactions through multiple financial systems. This role will support the department on developing requirements regarding systems/procedures/monitoring reports for accurate and timely data reporting of special data calls.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Develop systems/procedures/monitoring reports for accurate and timely data collection and reporting of bureau statistical submissions and special data calls in compliance with reporting requirements of various boards, bureaus, insurance departments and other regulatory agencies.
- Develop operational Ad Hoc reports to support the internal/external data needs of corporate stakeholders enabling decisions impacting growth and profitability.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis, diagnose and remediate underlying data issues acting as the single point of contact and owner for data integrity, accuracy, and completeness.
- Research and maintain new and revised surcharges information and assist in implementation in coordination with IT.
- Assist when needed in the analyzing and completion of data information regarding insurance company assessments for processing of invoices from external entities.
- Provide support to financial area as requested including support in the development of the Annual Statement.
- Support Statistical Reporting when needed.
- Assist in projects as requested
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following experience/skills/qualifications:
- At least seven years’ experience in statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance Data Calls with the ability to interpret and recommend actions as-needed based on complex legal and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Cognos, Power BI or other data reporting systems with a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and PC skills.
- Ability to think strategically and function tactically under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete work autonomously; highly self-directive
- Superior Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent consultative skills which can be deployed at any level of an organization, including creativity, emotional intelligence, adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven track record of actively pursuing career development
- Proven ability to proactively manage stakeholders expectations
- Four-year college degree.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.