Senior Application Developer- ServiceNow
IT Business Solutions – Life & Health team delivers business value through the management of technology solutions for Munich Re’s Life and Health (L&H) businesses globally. The Toronto team is comprised of 50+ talented and diverse IT professionals who work collaboratively in a flexible and friendly environment.
Toronto , Canada
This role has technical responsibility for the respective domain and facilitates improvements by changing designs, approaches and working practices. Provides advice, assistance and guidance in enhancing the quality of software design, development, configuration and integration. This role will report to the Head of IT Ops Life & Health and be a key partner to multiple stakeholders.
- Specifies, designs, codes and takes responsibility for large or complex systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures, and ensures they are applied effectively and along standard.
- Reviews system designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Sets policy and standards for solution development projects. Promotes benefits of addressing security issues.
- Supports the design of system architecture and related interfaces. Coaches Application Developers in software development capabilities.
- Steers and controls the integration build, accepts software modules from Application Developers, and produces software builds for loading into the target environment.
- Steers and controls coding quality.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field of study (or equivalent work experience). Certifications in specific languages, DevOps and/or project management. Certifications in ITIL, COBIT and/or project management preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional background as an application developer in the respective area. DevOps and/or cloud environment experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in ServiceNow required
- Advanced knowledge and experience in ServiceNow, PowerShell, Java, DB programing in MS SQL and/or Oracle platforms are required.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation using Ansible or Chef, familiarity with Dynatrace and/or other similar availability and telemetry capabilities, hands on experience with master data management using tools such as MS SQL MDS or Informatica, or development experience within the Microsoft family of technologies are all pluses. Strong knowledge of DevOps & AI Ops preferred.
- Ability to function as a member of a team, willing to contribute in any capacity required to achieve success. Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines. Highly adaptive interpersonal skills to function across all levels, communicating with senior leaders and hands-on technicians alike.
- Constantly innovates, identifies creative solutions to complex problems. Proven track record of working globally across cultures and time zones.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.